I have worked many years, and have a solid work history and ethic. I have been working since 1976, and have an extensive job history representing various areas. Therefore, I will highlight only recent experience.
On-Call Staff Associate – DESC: Downtown Emergency Service Center Seattle, WA October 2008 – December 2008
- Intervened in client crises (medical, mental health, interpersonal).
- Initiated and maintained appropriate social interactions with clients.
- Monitored dorms, bathrooms and day rooms to maintain safety and security of clients and premises.
- Provided information on social/health services and procedures (in-agency and outside agency) to clients.
- Initiated client interaction log and updated on client tracking system
- Referred clients needing more extensive services to specialized program staff or to outside services, when appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Work scheduled hours at shelter stations and/or milieu coverage and performs all duties of those areas.
- Ensure that information on registration sheets is entered into CHASERS.
- Assist with transition from night-time shelter to the day program, facilitating any wake-ups and morning cleanup scheduled during shift.
- Interact with residents in the general milieu of each building’s common spaces
- Assist Clinical Staff in the coordination of services to residents; contact residents’ outside service providers as necessary.
- Operate all functions in lobby office, to include checking visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security systems.
- Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and enforcing building rules.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency-response systems as necessary.
- Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily logbook; read logbook daily.
- Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and orientation, rent collection, and facilities inspections.
- Respond to tenant complaints.
- Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff at each housing project, and with visiting staff; refer residents to Clinical Staff and Project Manager as necessary.
- Initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Children(s) Activity Coordinator – Seattle Union Gospel Mission Women and Children’s Shelter Seattle, WA July 2008
- Responsible for coordinating / creation / implementation of Children(s) programs
- Coordinated children(s) daily activities, Monday thru Friday
- Oversaw supervision of Children(s) area
- Helped coordinate parental involvement
- Responsible for selection, coordination, and training of Children(s) area volunteers
- Develop relationships with the children to demonstrate GOD s love
- Assisted parents by modeling parenting skills
- Transported children to and from activities
Personal Banker, Teller Operations Specialist, Teller – Bank of America Seattle, WA March 2007 – June 2008
- Responsible for offering and selling financial products and services (i.e. Credit Cards, CD’s IRA’s, Loans) to both consumer and small business customers
- Driving day-to-day operational excellence, ensuring compliance requirements are met, managing the banking center’s non credit losses, and coaching teller associates to high performance levels
- Accurately, and efficiently processed transactions, in accordance with established policies, and procedures. Identified customer needs, to refer financial products & services to consumer, and small business customers
Police Officer City of Chicago – Chicago, IL June 1999 – April 2006
- Daily patrolled assigned beat for police presence, and crime abatement
- Responded to radio dispatched assignments from citizens
- Apprehended, and formally charged crime suspects
- Conducted thorough, accurate, investigations, interviewing witnesses / suspects, initiated comprehensive searches for evidence @ crime scenes
- Investigated, initiated, prepared, and submitted reports from citizens regarding crime or civic incidents
- Responsible for the initiation, preparation, and submission of Arrest documentation to States Attorney for formal charging of suspects for indictment
- Assist citizens with civic concerns, by analysis of crime patterns, informant information / development, and initiation of appropriate solutions
- Utilized various sources in gathering background data, and confidential information via LEADS, and NCIC, for the express purposes of investigating suspects, maintaining strict confidentiality
- Served as elected Fraternal Order of Police Representative / Liaison for approx. 300 district officers – term, 2 consecutive years
- Received 14 Honorable Mention Awards of excellent police work
- Received Beat Facilitator Award for excellent work on Beat
- Received positive comments on employee reviews, as well as exceptional feedback from senior Command Staff
Condominium Association President W. Harrison Condominium Association – Chicago, IL September 2003 – July 2006
- Elected Condo Board President, responsible for the day-to-day operations of the condominium association
- Presided over condo association, and board meetings
- Maintained Condo Board records, and financial accounts
- Procured supplies, interview and hired contractors
- Acted as liaison between condo association, and property manager
- Served as on-site landscaper
- Performed general maintenance